Spotlight on: Paisley Christmas Lights Switch-On (12 November)
Saturday 12 November
12noon - 6pm
Paisley town centre
Your headline act will be Scouting For Girls, known for several top-10 hits including This Ain’t a Love Song and She’s So Lovely.
There will be a whole day of magical Christmas activity which will begin at 12noon with a reindeer parade led by Santa himself, children’s music entertainment , Santa’s Grotto in the Paisley Centre, a Christmas craft market and tea room, live music from the Vegan Leather and Dogtooth and on-stage entertainment provided by the Capital FM team plus loads more FREE family fun – all before the lights go on at 6pm!
What's on - With thanks to our main event sponsor intu Braehead.
11am - 6pm
Santa's grotto in The Paisley Centre, free to all children on the nice list!
- Reindeer parade, sponsored by The Paisley Centre begins from Paisley High Street. The parade starts at the top of the High Street and will cover St Mirren Street, Orchard Street and Abbey Close before returning to the High Street - NEW ROUTE!
- Craft market and Accord tea room open in Paisley Town Hall
- Funfair starts in County Square
- Snow beach and toboggan slide in Dunn Square
1pm - 1.30pm
Reindeer parade ends and reindeer enclosure opens on High Street
On stage activity in association with Capital FM begins. Stage will be situated on Gauze Street across from Saporito's Coffee Shop.
1.30pm: Children's entertainment from Funbox
2.30pm: Top local band Dogtooth
3.15pm: Abinhaya Dance Academy - classical Indian dance
4pm: The Vegan Leather - another great Paisley band
5.15pm: Christmas Sing-A-Long with everyone!
5.25pm: Your headline act - Scouting for Girls
6pm: The big moment as we switch on the Christmas lights!
In association with
Free car parking is available at the weekend in all council metered bays. Overspill car parks are available at Paisley Grammar, West College Scotland and Castle Head High School.
The following road closures and restrictions will be in place from Friday 11 November at 7pm until Sunday 13 November at 12noon.
Friday 11 November from 7pm (waiting and loading ban only)
- Gauze Street from Lawn Street to Mill Street
- Saturday 12 November from 12am (waiting and loading ban only)
- Causeyside Street (east side only) from Orchard Street to Johnstone Street
- Johnstone Street (north side only) from Causeyside Street eastwards for a distance of 15m
Saturday 12 November from midnight:
- Gauze Street from Lawn Street to The Cross
- St Mirren Street from High Street to Causeyside Street at Dunn Square
- Cotton Street (northbound carridgeway only) from Gauze Street to Council HQ
- Lawn Street before Gauze Street
- Smithhills Street from Central Way to Gauze Street
Saturday 12 November from 8am:
- County Place from Moss Street to Gilmour Street
- Gilmour Street from County Place to High Street
- High Street from Gilmour Street to New Street
- Abbey Close
Saturday 12 November from 11am until 12.30pm
- New Street from Weighhouse Close to High Street
Access will be maintained for Emergency Services at all times.