The town rediscovered its sense of pride and we transformed Paisley’s reputation - all while taking our profile to unprecedented levels across Scotland, UK and the world.
Buddies believe in their town again and that self-confidence is bringing in more people to Paisley.
Our journey to regenerate the town and Renfrewshire using culture and heritage will continue.
We want to thank each and every one of you who supported us and ask that you continue on our journey with us.
What happens now?
Paisley’s bid was only ever one part of a bigger plan to change our future for the better using our culture and heritage story – it’s already happening and there’s more to come:
- Major infrastructure investment that will revitalise our economy and town centre will take place over the next decade, some as a result of bid process.
- Commercialisation of our global design - the Paisley Pattern – is reinventing our textile heritage for the 21st century, linking the town with international design houses, and bringing creative entrepreneurs into our town centre.
- Paisley's unique heritage has been brought into the spotlight and will drive the development of a new visitor economy;
- Paisley is now firmly established as a key destination on Scotland’s events map.
- Our culture will keep enriching our lives. The bid showed the incredible diversity and strength of Paisley’s grassroots cultural scene.
Your support is still needed!
People have seen the potential – they understand culture can transform people’s lives and the town’s future. Paisley has a vibrant cultural scene and the bid put it in the spotlight. The incredible energy harnessed by the bid will still be channelled in that direction.
Local people and groups united behind a shared vision for the area’s future, while new alliances were formed at national and international level, showing what Paisley can offer Scotland, the UK and the world. We will continue and build on all of that.
Previous bidding cities have used their bid momentum to transform their future anyway. We will follow this example.
We still need your support - let's keep the momentum going!